Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Off to a crawling start...

There I was all full of hope and determination with Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive" running through my head as I put my dieting hat on and set forth on my goal. But just as I firmly planted my feet in the "start" position, I quickly tripped over my laces...metaphorically speaking. Yes my friends...my first week of dieting has been a bust. And I'm scared my second will soon follow suit.
Being a part-time student and full-time employee has proven to be quite the challenge as I've tried to incorporate some sort of exercise into my already busy schedule. And having to eat on the go hasn't helped either. Believe me, I've tried finding a half-decent salad at a fast food restaurant but those fried chicken fingers, french fries and cream gravy sound much more satisfying!

This past week I've had extremely long days followed by greasy fattening dinners at nearly 9:30 in the evening...that's usually what time I get home. So just enough time to shove something down my throat, get clothes, school work, and lunch ready for the next day. Back to sleep. Repeat.

Yup, that's pretty much how it's been. Oh, and this weekend I had two kids parties to go to where the menu included: hot dogs, nachos, hamburgers, chips, sodas, cupcakes, ice cream and birthday cake. And...well my friends...I of course HAD to indulge in all of the fare offered...it would have been rude of me not to! ;)

So here I am...a new week and hopefully a new start. I plan on going out of my way for lunch today in order to get a very decent very tasty salad in hopes of rejuvenating my spirit.

I only hope that this week will be better!

7 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

You can do it! Work it, work it good!

Debra said...

You can do it!! It's a new week.....stay strong!

Marjie said...

carry fruit (like apples) in your purse, and a dry, tasteless cracker, like triscuit or wheat thins. They will satisfy your need for carbs, but not taste good enough to eat four thousand of them. Eat meat. Peel off fried coverings, if necessary. Go for it!

Beth said...

The first week is THE WORST, isn't it? You can do it!

Marie Rayner said...

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!! You'll do better this week. I know you can!

Sleepy Hollow Craft Company said...

omg!! you sound like me! just keep yourself motivated~ any way that you can! hang a pic of that AMAZING dress in your car window if you have too!!!! we can do it together!!! I am watching too- it's a struggle everyday but I try and think of one thing everyday to keep my mind focused on that will keep me on track~ today it is shopping- I want to be able to go to Old Navy some day and shop!!! So I am not eating popcorn at the movies today when I go see the Duchess with my mom- I am taking a protein bar instead.
I'll just enjoy watching Keira Knightly's skinny little ass that much more knowing that I have done what I needed to do...anyhow- that's what I keep telling myself :)
Keep up the good work girl~ the decision to do it is half the battle.
~Jenelle

Jane said...

Good luck with this week, i know its hard to diet. Jane x